Koda Limited Warranty
This limited warranty (the “Limited Warranty”) against defects in workmanship and materials covers certain products (“Koda Products”) offered by ADC Solutions Hardware, LLC d/b/a Koda (“Koda”). This Limited Warranty applies to Koda Products purchased in any jurisdiction from an authorized Koda retailer, including Koda Products purchased directly through Koda’s website, subject to the terms and conditions below.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN, KODA PRODUCTS ARE SOLD ONLY WITH THE LIMITED WARRANTY DESCRIBED HEREIN. THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND ARE SUBJECT ONLY TO THOSE WARRANTIES EXTENDED BY THE APPLICABLE THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURERS OF SUCH PRODUCTS, IF ANY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, KODA HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. KODA PERSONNEL, SUPPLIERS, AND LICENSEES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ALTER THESE WARRANTIES.
Each Koda Product shall have a limited warranty period (“Warranty Period”) in accordance with Table 1 below:
|LED Light Products||5 years|
|Battery Powered Products||18 months|
|Non-Battery Powered Products||3 years|
|Security, Home Monitoring and Electronics||1 year|
The applicable Warranty Period for each Koda Product commences on the date of original purchase by the first end-user of the Koda Product. Claims of defect brought after the applicable Warranty Period will not be covered by this Limited Warranty.
Conditions of Limited Warranty
During the applicable Warranty Period, if your new Koda Product is found to be defective, Koda will repair such defect, or replace the Koda Product, without charge for parts or labor subject to the following conditions:
- All repairs must be performed by Koda.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by a copy of the sales receipt, bill of sale, or other proof of purchase.
- The equipment must not have been altered or damaged through:
- negligence, accident, improper operation or handling, neglect, tampering, abuse, unusual physical stress, or failure to follow the product instructions for installation, use, or care;
- incorrect or inadequate maintenance, cleaning, or care of the Koda Product; or
- normal wear and tear of the Koda Product.
- Repair or replacement parts supplied by Koda under this Limited Warranty are protected only for the unexpired portion of the original applicable Warranty Period.
- This is a “repair or replace” Limited Warranty only, and does not cover costs related to the installation, removal or reinstallation of the Koda Product.
- Claims of defect brought after the applicable Warranty Period will not be covered by this Limited Warranty.
- This Limited Warranty extends only to the original buyer.
- Koda will not be responsible under this Limited Warranty or otherwise for defects or damage caused by any ancillary equipment not furnished by Koda which is attached to or used in connection with the Koda Products, and all such equipment is expressly excluded from this Limited Warranty.
- This Limited Warranty does not extend to consumable parts, such as batteries, or any third-party products that buyer may use or purchase in conjunction with the Koda Products.
- This Limited Warranty does not cover the cost of shipping outside of North America (however shipping within North America shall be at no cost to the customer).
To Make a Claim
In order to bring a claim under this Limited Warranty, the buyer must notify Koda by calling 1.866.294.9244 during regular business hours Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, describing the defect in reasonable detail. If Koda determines that such defect may be covered by this Limited Warranty, Koda will issue a return material authorization (“RMA”) to the buyer, and the buyer shall return the Koda Product in question to Koda using the instructions provided by Koda. If Koda, in its reasonable discretion, determines that a Koda Product has a defect in materials or workmanship covered by this Limited Warranty, Koda shall, at its option, repair or replace the defective Koda Product at no cost to the buyer (other than the cost of shipping outside of North America, which shall be the responsibility of the buyer). If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, Koda may, at its option, substitute materials of comparable quality or refund buyer’s money. Koda will make every effort to provide warranty service within a reasonable period of time.
SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT SERVICE RECEIVED OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE IN OBTAINING SERVICE, PLEASE CALL TOLL FREE 1.866.294.9244 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM PST OR EMAIL US AT INFO@KODABUILT.COM.
KODA MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND ASIDE FROM THE LIMITED WARRANTY STATED HEREIN.